These days, it’s not uncommon for a person to graduate from college with tens of thousands in loans – sometimes reaching debt loads of $100,000 or more. We all know this is insane, but what can we do about it?
In this episode, we do a deep dive into the dark pool of college loan debt. There has got to be a better way. We are disgusted with what’s happening and we’re going to talk about it.
One aspect of our work that we love is speaking to high school students. We speak at local high schools about twice a year. One thing we run into a lot is a total lack of planning when it comes to paying for a 4-year degree. So you want to go to Stanford. Great! After getting accepted (a huge hurdle in itself) how are you going to pay for that premier education provided at a premier price?
That’s what we want to dig into here. Understanding your options about where you might attend school and how you can pay for it without digging a giant hole of debt for the student or the parents.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- Uncommon solutions to higher education without crushing debt
- How predatory lending targets college students and their parents
- The crucial role mentorship can play in discovering the right path
- The 4-legged chair of college funding
- How to treat applying for scholarships and grants like a job
- Why putting money away is just one of 4 paths to college funding
- How real estate can help fund your child’s education
- Why you shouldn’t sacrifice your financial security for your child’s education